King’s Material, Inc. has been in business since 1882 when William King established a plaster mill on the west bank of the Cedar River. The company kept the river channels open for navigation by dredging sand for construction and municipal use.
King’s Crown Plaster, as it was then known, began delivering ready mix concrete in ¾-yard mixers to industrial, commercial, infrastructure and residential construction projects in the area in 1935.
In the late 1970’s, several concrete block manufacturing plants were acquired, and a new manufacturing facility was built in 2000, where production continues today in Eldridge, IA.
In 1998, a stone fabricating facility named Stone Concepts was purchased to expand the masonry products line with an emphasis on the creative use of natural stone for both masonry and landscape projects.
From 2003 to 2014, more manufacturing and sales locations were acquired in Clear Lake, Waterloo and Marshalltown to serve central and northern Iowa as well as southern Minnesota. These locations, now known as Midland Concrete Products, offer a wide variety of landscaping, concrete masonry, brick and a large assortment of building products. Midland’s first block manufacturing plant was opened in 1945, with production continuing to the present.
For over 130 years, it’s been the mission of King’s Material to offer the highest standards in material selection and customer service.